Friday, August 29, 2008

Parisol Supplies

Name
Wendy Doss

Business Name
Parisol (spelled wrong intentionally!)

Location
San Francisco

Describe what you sell
Parisol offers quality supplies:sterling silver and vermeil findings,vintage jewelry components,exquisite gemstones, freshwater pearls, rare beads and eclectic flea market finds. Some items are destash. If I only need a half of a strand of gemstones why not sell the other half...we all save money. Some of my best sellers are sterling silver charms and pendants from Los Angeles, people seem to like angel wings, crowns, skeleton keys and fleur de lys motifs. Sterling and vermeil ball end headpins. Vermeil headpins are on order, I promise!! They sold out very fast this round

How do you market yourself? What is your target market?
On every order, I send out a "thank you" notice, along with shipping tracking info, and an invitation to join my mailing list. I think it's also good idea to add each customer or potential customer as a favorite seller and a favorite piece or two as well. I send out email messages ocassionally, and only when I've acquired some exciting new or popular product. My target market is jewelry designers that use quality or vintage
components in their wares.

What do you offer that sets you apart from the other supply sellers on Etsy?
I've been told that I am the only seller to offer 26 gauge vermeil ball end headpins, which is nice and thin enough to fit through tiny gemstones. As a jewelry designer myself I noticed in my searches a lack of quality sterling silver supplies on Etsy so I thought it would be a good idea to offer some. I'm pretty picky about products and I believe that the goods I choose to sell should be something I love and would use myself. I am always on the hunt for new treasures and unique and special finds for etsy, that's half the fun!

What is your “real” life like?
Let's see, I live in an old victorian dwelling in SF with tons of character with my husband Mark and my two cats Ferdinand and Isadora. For many years I worked full time downtown with the last couple of ye
ars also running an online jewelry business putting in 60+ hours per week, dreaming of the day I can do what I love instead. I eventually decided to try work part time, which was great for a while, until I was layed off. Now, I work full time at maintaining my three etsy shops {antique artisan jewelry, gemstone jewelry & supplies store}, as well as, filling in doing odd jobs, ie. helping friends paint, organize and sometimes gardening. I've been miraculously making it work for about a year now! I also love the movies, entertaining, and am a bit of a foodie.

Any offers you want to give blog readers?
Mention you read about my shop in Debbie's blog and receive free shipping on your first
order!



Find seller at...
parisol.etsy.com

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online