Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sewlutions by AMO

Today we have Arlene McFarlane-Harper of Sewlutions By AMO
I love these wallet cuffs that she makes. My favorite is pictured below. You can also find her on her own site- http://sewlutionsbyamo.com


What inspired you to make this product?
I am always trying to find functional yet stylish solutions that make life easier. My cuff with secret pockets are the perfect answer for people on the go or who like to travel light.

What are your favourite materials to use?
I love working with leather and wool.

What is your process in creating your art?
My mind is constantly being bombarded with creative ideas. They seem to come while I am driving or just before falling asleep. Sometimes it is a picture in my mind; sometimes it is just a tag line for promoting. Whatever moves me is what I will sketch or jot down on paper. Later I do a 3-D mock up in paper to work out the mechanics before I draft a working pattern.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online