Thursday, September 4, 2008

JPatPurses

The thing that I like about JPatPurses is the incredible selection. Browsing through her store you will find little zipper pouches like the one to the right, in a huge variety of colors and patterns. This would be great to keep things compartmentalized in the big purse I carry around. There are lots of other styles available- check them out...

Name
Jenese Patanella

Location

Tennessee

Business Name
JPATPURSES

Describe what you sell.
I make wallets, zipper pouches, gadget cases out of the latest designer cotton fabrics

What is your real life like?
I am married with two teenage daughters, a sweet corgi dog named Ginger. I love to read, take my dog out walking and of course sew!!

What is your process?
I was the first one on Etsy to develop and use a very special bat quilt interfacing technique on all of my items. This gives them structure and strength yet still super soft and comfortable to carry. Since others had copied my technique but I am very proud to say that I was the first to develop and successful sale items with this extra step!

Business Goals and Vision...
Short term is just to try and increase my sales each month. I really don’t have any long-term goals except to be able to keep doing this and not let it take over my life. After all there is work and then life. So far sewing has been so much fun but when it because or starts to become more work and less fun then I will need to re-think my small business.

How do you market your business?
At first I did a lot of outside advertising, flyers at local businesses, business cards and online advertising. Now that I have established a pretty good market, I think most of my business is repeat and word of mouth.

Do you subscribe to any business related blogs, zines or magazines?
I personally have a blog that is really just a fun way of showing what is going on within my sewing studio. I really have very little free time to do much else right now.

What inspires you?
I get most of my inspiration from trying to make a busy women’s life easier. I try to design items that will keep her more organized and efficient. I often only make certain items with specific fabrics. When I purchase fabrics I visualize which items would look good with that fabric.

What are two of your favorite things from your shop?
I love my back pocket click –it wallets. I actually designed it first for myself. I love to be able to just grab and put it in my pocket when I am in a hurry. Then I also love my newest designed boxie swing gadget cases. Super handy for my cell phone.

Am a fan of these places...
I can only name a few since I don’t have time for too much Internet time except within my own.
Fabric.com
Hancock’s of Paqucah.com
my local library website

Find seller at...
jpatpurses.com
jpatpurses.etsy.com

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online