Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Papaververt

Today I have the wonderful Patty Benson from Alameda, Ca of Papaver Vert . I fell in love with this little coaster set and I know you will too! She has so many other ingenious wool products in her shop-You can also check out her personal site here- www.papaververt.com
What are your favorite materials to use?
I really love wool, which I know is obvious. I love it in many forms, not just yarn, but as raw wool roving that I use to make my pillows with or as wool fabric used for sewing. I remember going to fabric stores as a kid with my mom and always gravitating to the wool yardage! I also like muslin fabric which is great to manipulate and create patterns with and lastly I love threads and embroidery threads...anything to do with needlework.

Who are some etsy artists that you admire?
I really dig Penguin and Fish...i just love those kitties!
Mudpuppy - his work is so clean and simplistic. He's also a really nice guy!
Tinctory - her smocked designs just blow me away.
GooseGrease - her little custom dolls are just so clever. I love that she can capture a whole family and her photos are great.
Yokoo - her designs and photography are amazing. A great blend of product and marketing.

What are some of the websites you most frequently visit?
I'm always stopping by The Sartorialist . I get such amazing ideas and inspiration from his photographs. I also frequent dooce.com for a dose of humor, the New York Times for news and the Home section, Bread & Honey a yummy food blog and The Style Files for ideas, interior shots and homes that make me drool.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online